Friday, December 17, 2010

The Land of Pleasant Living

It's funny how things change and people change. About a year and a half ago, we were sitting with our dear friend Jason at a bar talking about life and what not. I said, "Lets up and move to Paris! Lets do it! Tomorrow! We'll pack tonight!" Jason was 100% with me. Ready to go. Try something new. Make a huge change. Jeremy on the other hand, was entirely against it. He seemed scared and hesitant, like I was about to purchase our tickets to Charles de Gaulle right that very instant! Jas and I continued to try and convince him, but to no avail.

Flash forward 18 months....

Last night at the Hamilton Tavern, we were chatting over homemade macaroni & cheese, and a few (maybe one too many) Fireside Winter Ales. Jeremy told me we should move. We should sell our NEW home, pack up, quit our jobs, and just....go. This time around having this de ja vu convo, I got scared and sad and had complete negative reaction to his spontaneity.

He wants to go to Woodstock, England, and open a crepe stand and sell screen printed tees with our crepes. Have a farm where we grow veggies for our crepes. And go to the little country-side pubs after the stand closes each day. Live the simple life. Sounds idyllic, if you ask me. Had this been proposed to me 6 months ago, I would be 100% on board. But for the first time, probably...ever, I feel settled. I love my job. I love my home & the entire community. We have a new nephew, Luke Marley, who is 1.5 weeks old. We have a beautiful god daughter, Charlie Marie, who is 6 months old, and one day, we'll have a Luke and Charlie of our very own. Basically to sum it up, I love my life here in Baltimore -- "the land of pleasant living." It really is just that to me, and not written on the Boh bottle for nothing!

Will be interesting to hear Jeremy's sober thoughts on his adamant plans last night when I get home after work today :) I'll bet he won't be so amped and will have come back down to earth, in present day form.

Damn, Fireside Winter Ales. They do it every time. A boy can dream I suppose....

Side note: Got my nails did yesterday. "Dear Santa" is the color. It's all the rage this holiday season. Get on it. :)

3 comments:

  1. I teared up reading this. Maybe it's the homesickness I have for Baltimore or the beautiful music you've added to accompany the reading, or maybe I am just a total mushball at heart, but I know how you feel... For the first time ever, I feel settled in one way I never have. The only thing I feel like I'm missing is a place to call "home", which I found in Baltimore. It's easy to feel at home there, especially, I imagine, when you have your partner in life and those two little angles together all in that same wonderful city. (Annabelle Lee's doesn't hurt either.) ;-) Soak it up, baby. We have the rest of our lives to move and travel. Maybe now is the time to enjoy planting those roots...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Em! I learned how to post (i think), you should definitely still grow crepe veggies in your backyard in Bmore :) Keep up the good work with the blog, I'm looking forward to the ones that involve food, obviously.

    ReplyDelete
  3. baltimore is in dire need of more crepe options. compromise is key.

    ReplyDelete