Thursday, November 3, 2011

Nov3.

Today I'm 28. 28 big ones. I am amazed at the outpouring of positivity this year around the day of my birth. It's truly humbling. And I'm not just talking about Facebook posts -- my own Mom, Sister, Husband, boss, coworkers, etc., seem to be placing quite the emphasis on this particular turned page. I think it's because the last year has been a FABULOUS one (or because normally I plan all of my own bday events and this year I haven't had to do that! Kidding. Kind of.). That's got to be it, though. A truly rockin' year just passed. It's not a monumental age or anything like that. 21 is long gone. 25...bye bye. Not quite to the 30 mark. Just 28. Guess I am in my 'late twenties' all of the sudden. But, that doesn't help explain this overwhelming feeling of.....well ... love. I fully plan on paying it back and forward a million times over throughout this next year that I've been blessed with. 

Something else I've noticed about this year is that sense of settledness that I've written of in blogs of late. That could very well be contributing to my peaceful heart and pep-in-my-step today (and most days).

Wedding -- CHECK. 
House -- CHECK. 
Happy husband -- CHECK. 
Great, stable, not miserable job -- CHECK.
Many good times with many great friends -- CHECK.
Hobbies that complete me -- CHECK.
NOT PREGNANT -- CHECK. 
Healthy self -- CHECK. (UPDATE: almost 20 lbs down from June and steadily entering maintenance mode now!)

Over our grilled filets and Fall salad NOMS tonight I plan on remembering and talking through the many wonderful things that have occurred between Nov 3, 2010 and Nov 3, 2011. Take that time to recall the ups and downs and laughs and cries. The trips to new places and the quiet evenings at home. The new, little lives and special old souls still gracing us with their presence. The first Christmas at Carter and the first anniversary celebrations. Old friends I cherish deeply and new friends I've gained. Special moment with my family. Hurricanes, earthquakes and tornados. A bountiful garden (!!!). The now official piece of important history "The Owl Take-Over of Carter Avenue". Goku & Geta continue to survive and thrive. the list could go on .... 

So, thanks to all who have made this year so special for me -- you know exactly who you are. It's at this reflection point that I hope I have consistently done the same for you. 

XOXOXO TIME A MILLION BAJILLION!

-ERSM

P.S. And now a not-so-brief photo recap of randoms from 11/3/10 - 11/3/11, in no particular order and many left out I'm sure. No offense to anyone! :)




Miss Chuck & Crew at A Very White Trash Xmas '10

Happy 60th Bday, Daddy! April 2011.

Husbot Anniversary Fanciness.
Anniversary Din Din @ The Charleston-Fancy Pants.
Luc & Luke.
A nice little brunch time. E & J & Martini #1.


Fully Thriving Goku Martin.

Terrifying, Geta.

Casey-Kasey Fabulous Duo.
Dear friends <3

Changed my life. June 2011.

Many a Friday night spent at Summer Sounds.

Maine 2011.

Brunch @ Carter. Dear, old friends.

J and his buddy Chuck.

The Owl Take-Over of Carter Avenue. Exhibit 1 of 102 & counting.

Aaahhh mountains. 
Bestie MOH got skillz.

Miss Ella turned 1 & Lynnie was a proud, smiling Mama.




Garden Tastes.


Fave gals.

Walking, talking Chuck.

Luke Marley afternoons at the Pool.

Ding becomes future Bungding.

Happy Anniversary, J! <3

Anniversary Celebration #2 - Oktoberfest @ Manor Tavern w Nick Markakis sighting. Mmmm.

Paulaner yummies at Anniversary Oktoberfest.

Old friends. Old, beaten and battered friends.

3 comments:

  1. Holy Gaucamole Emily! That pin up anniversary picture is awesome! You look beautiful and what a lovely gift for your husband and memory for years to come.

    Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy hotness on the pinup pic! I agree that 27 is an awesome age - it's so nice to have time to enjoy marriage/home/friends before the craziness of kids! I'm sure 28 will be awesome too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome pin up girl!! Adorable. Happy birthday fellow scorpio!

    ReplyDelete