Wednesday, March 14, 2012

No Better TIme Than NOW.

As humans, we tend to wait until rock bottom, or unbearable, or obese, or death-bed sick before we make a move to make a change. This applies to mental health, physical well being, careers, relationships. It applies to everything in our existence. Why is this? What is it that triggers the snowball effect veering unstably toward relative rock bottom, which often times is the only catalyst for evolvement away from the negative, unhealthy behaviors? It's shocking, in retrospect, that an earlier adjustment wasn't made. But in the midst of the high speed chase toward worse, we can't see beyond our peripheral horse blinders (or even right in front of our faces for that matter). It's perplexing.

Because of a handful of recent circumstances at The Carter House and beyond, I've pondered this a lot lately. Is it that we're satisfied with mediocrity instead of optimal circumstances? I really just don't want to believe that. Or are we innately terrified of change so we just 'deal' until that inevitable, unstoppable tipping point in one direction or another makes the choice for us?

I certainly don't know the answer but I am working to understand myself as I relate to this conundrum of a topic, and ideally evolve AWAY from this pattern. Even by a degree or so would be progress. Keeping perspective, looking outside of ones own self, fearing change less, and accepting advice from others are three key tactics for me.

Back in January I posted about seizing the day and wanting to stop TALKING about doing, and just DO.  All related to the fear of change and waiting until something out of your control takes over to make a decision for you...alllll related.

XOXO & until next time!
-ERSM

SOMETHING I ADORE RIGHT NOW -- (as I try to blog more often again, this is a little section I'm adding to most posts)

Sesame Seed Butter. NOMS! Check out all of the benefits of sesame seeds! SUPER DUPER tasty, to boot! I've been enjoying it as a snack lately on a banana or an apple. By itself, even! Give it a go. It's a tad expensive compared to good ol' fashioned PB but worth it. Lasts much longer, too.


No comments:

Post a Comment