Thursday, June 30, 2011

A Garden Update.


Things are REALLY looking good so far this veggie season. Just a quick update on our tastings....

After the "Fall of the Broccoli" (a well-documented piece of history in our book now), we had a grieving period followed by supreme pride & elation in our Lettuce! It's like it KNEW we were in mourning and gave us a little something to smile about. Thank you, Baby Romaine. We've enjoyed the fruits of your labor for over a month now, and there's no end in site to be seen!

Tomatos --- looking STRONG. Babies on there just growing away. New members every day! We even had to extend the steak in the Cherry Tom because it had a serious growth spurt over the last week or so. I'm a proud Mommy. Beef Steak is right behind Cherry --- a close race at this point. Soon we'll enjoy Baby Romaine w/ some Cherry Tom accompaniments.  Followed closely by my all time fave -  Beef Steak Tomato sammies. Mmmmm. Slice of deli American, tiny bit of mayo, salt and pepper...in between two pieces of soft Wheat. It's the taste of Summer.

And finally, the peppers. Got some blossoms coming in now. Looking like the Sweet Banana will beat out the Green Bell in this race to yield. Fine by me because I'm trying to make some homemade banana pepper pizzas on the grill! NOMS. I'd say in the next 2 weeks, we'll be pepper-eatin' fools (and by 'we' I mean ME because J is a picky-ass eater). So, I might need to recruit some fellow pepper-lovers to join in my feasting. Any takers? Going once!!!!

Enjoy the day, all.

XOXO
ERSM

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, so beautiful Em and Jeremy. Makes me want some pizza instead of the yuckie Lentil Dal I just made that tastes like watered down Indian paste. Anyway, enjoy little Momma. XO,
    Yo Momma

    ReplyDelete