Wednesday, July 13, 2011

MISSING: Potted pink, purple and white petunia! (& some zen-monk words of wisdom.)

OK first off - WHO STEALS FLOWERS FROM A PORCH!!!??? Really pisses me off. And you KNOW it's not an adult who just wanted their own pot of beautifully pruned petunias. No, no. If that were the case, I honestly wouldn't be this irate or breathing fire. If they were currently hanging from someone else's covered porch or shepherd hook, with fresh water and dead blooms pinched, I'd be....perplexed more so than red-faced mad. But no, I guarantee they are laying face down in some gutter or dumpster all because a 15 year old, out too late on a Summer night, thought it was funny or was dared to go up to my porch, open the gate, take it off the chain and run. Well, they better run. Because if I catch them attempting this HILARIOUS feat again, they're gonna have a shepherd's hook in a place they might not think is so amusing. 


Secondly, and very, very different, I read this nice little line of ancient knowledge this morning and thought it was truly sound and beautiful. Take a read and let it resonate wherever it does within you....  


"Many paths lead from the foot of the mountain, but at the peak we all gaze at the single bright moon."
Ikkyu - Zen-monk poet, 1394-1481



Happy Wednesday, all, & enjoy the day (except you little bastards who yanked my 'tunias! You'll get yours.... DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNN).

1 comment:

  1. UPDATE: PETUNIA FOUND (ON IT'S HOOK WHERE I LEFT IT). DUMMMY!

    ReplyDelete