Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Make a little space and get out of your own way...

Kelle Hampton posted this song on her new FB page today. So fitting. Not sure how many of you reading this can relate to "nothing ever happens if you stay in your room" or "nothing ever happens if you leave the party too soon", but it's a constant debate in my own mind because I hate to miss out on...anything, really.

Which leads me to the point of this post - I tend to follow extreme habits mainly in my social life --- either play it too safe or do just the opposite and go pedal-to-the-metal on a social bender. Where's the middle ground exactly? I have no idea. Our calendar reflects this same existence - slammed busy with no time to breath, sleep, or eat a complete meal ... followed by purposeful lulls painted with downtime & quiet-time & kitty-time at the Carter House with my #1 & only piece of man-candy.

I'm not sure this is even a real issue that I'd like to fix...I just think it's our form of 'balance' if you can even call it that. I wish the ebbs and flows were a little more frequent and not so long-lived or distinct, maybe? That way we wouldn't get so burnt-out and then later on turn restless.

Just some blog-for-thought for ya on this Tuesday....

Have a fab day, ya'll!

XOXO
-ERSM



P.S. On a less internal, contemplative note --- "Rally Pretty Pink"! Ya dig???

1 comment:

  1. yea, I'm on the extreme opposite end of the balance, where I frequently do a whole lot of nothing. I need to force myself to get out more. I need to see you soon!!

    ReplyDelete