Tuesday, March 1, 2011

My Chihuahua Bites...

...on the toes. And my standard fall-back, Ballet Slippers, on the fings. Digits are all primped & prepped for our trip to Miami! I'm literally jumping out of my skin with excitement & my daily Facebook posts prove it (and annoy my 'friends', I'm sure).

 We've cleaned the house (well the top floor and the kitchen, at least). Now for the packing and the cat prep, and we're all set! 77 and sunny today. Hope that lasts through out the next 6 days. I'm even OK with the afternoon thunderstorm that lasts 20 minutes, as long as there's a close haven (AKA a bar) for us to run to and wet our whistles while we wait out the short-lived deluge. I welcome those mini-storms, in fact.
We're ready to fill our days with fresh-berry breakfast smoothies, suntan lotion, beach front reading/ipod action, and Coronas with extra lime. Ready for some Summer wardrobe refreshes at Aventura Mall (my personal mecca), and morning walks to Starby's for an iced greed tea after a long run on A1A.

I need beach-cruiser bike rides before happy hour through palm tree & multi million dollar home-lined streets with the hubslice, all the while still working on my tan lines in the 5PM, hot-as-hell SoFlo sun. It's surely time for grilling fresh veggies, and whatever the catch of the day might be, poolside (enter Corona(s) w/ extra lime), while the sun sets perfectly on the intracoastal, casting pinks and purples all over (JUST like the opening to CSI Miami - hope you're listening to my playlist).

Put me there. Put me there NOW. Thanks.

More fun-in-the-sun to come from SoFlo later this week!

-ERSM

P.S. Happy 4 year (dating) anniversary to Jeremy! Lurve ya lots.

1 comment:

  1. Oh man, I'm so jealous!! Call me when you get back and we'll go to Chaps :)

    ReplyDelete