Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Buzzing w/ a Balanced Center.

Chakras. Something new to me as of (one of my) bridal showers when my mom, Donna Rae, presented me with this beautiful and powerful necklace. Something more people should know about as it could put you 'back on track'. So, time for a bloggy-blog on it! Please ignore this post if you yourself already have immense Chakra knowledge or if you just plain don't give a damn (frankly, my dear), because it is a bit out there, I realize.


Quite a timely post, if I do say so myself, as I watched Ruby go through a super-duper intense Reiki session last night on the Style Network. Hence why I'm wearing my necklace today and "buzzing with a balanced center", as Donna Rae put it so perfectly.


So, Chakras are the entry gates of the Aura in each person. Funky, I know. Basically, within your physical body resides a "body double" that is your spiritual body, which contains the Chakras. Charkras translate best to a floppy disc with vital programs. These discs are responsible for your spiritual, mental and physical functions by absorbing and transmitting engeries inside AND outside of your physical body (i.e, from the universe, nature, celestial entities, even other people and things).


Very abstract. Bear with me.


There are literally thousands of Chakras in the human body, covering the entire thing. Only seven of them are considered major (see left). They are located along the central line of the body, which is literally where is sounds like it is --- a line down your center from the base of your spine to the top of yo' head (ya heard!).


I wear my Chakra necklace when I need centering and balance in my day and in my self. Since the Chakras are constantly moving, there is room for what I'll call error, which sets one off balance. If a Chakra is blocked, for instance, energy cannot flow evenly and thus affects all aspects of your life & your harmony (or lack there of).


"Each chakra is expressed on the physical body in one of the endocrine glands that regulate physical and emotional processes in the body. The imbalance in the chakra will also be expressed in the endocrine gland linked to it."


Makes sense right? When you feel "unbalanced" there is always a physical or emotional reason, or in this case a physical or emotional process being hindered. Perhaps a scratched 'floppy disc' or damaged software.


How is this information useful if you weren't given a handmade necklace to prompt your research or spark your interest? Different techniques to keep the balance and create physical and double body awareness are used, ranging from the real funky Reiki (as mentioned above), guided visualization, color therapy, weird stuff with crystals and pendulums that I don't quite get, etc., etc., to the not so rare/weird yoga, meditation, aromatherapy & simple positive thinking. 


Everyone is capable of influencing their own balance and being the most holistic being they can be. I think it's just a matter of realizing when something's off. All of these techniques are healing mechanisms and each person requires different levels depending on how severely damaged the "software" is. (In our analogy the body is the hardware, the programming is the software and the user is the Self.) 


So WHY did you just get a 5 minute class on Chakras, you ask? Lately many of my friends (and myself), have been going through different changes and experiences all affecting their holistic being. Taking some time in your day to day life to do perhaps some concentrated breathing, take a yoga class, enjoy some personal time outside taking in the sight, sounds, smells in the air around you on a nice, long run, are all simple ways to grasp some centeredness and 'reboot', to stick with our analogy. :)


There is a TON of info out there on this Eastern belief and practice. Check it out if you feel inspired or off-balance one of these days!


Happy reading!


-ERSM


P.S. I'll be coming back down to earth for my next post. If you were turned off by this or uninterested, don't go far because I'll be back! ;)

3 comments:

  1. I felt like I was re-centered after my massage on Sunday. I really meditated during the massage and let everything melt away. It was a pretty intense moment for me... I wish it wasn't dismissed by SOMEONE who thinks that's all just BS... Like you say-- Everyone is capable of influencing their own balance. I totally believe that. And just because it doesn't work for one person doesn't mean it can't do a world of good for someone else. Dammit. xoxo :) PERFECT music choice to accompany this post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't be more off-balance right now; I feel like this post was written for me to read. I've been having such a weird week and really need to re-center. Glad I read this!

    ReplyDelete