Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Happiness is...

This post idea was stolen from Kelle Hampton's blog -- my absolute most favorite blogger of all time and someone I plan on flying to FL to stalk one of these days ---- I need to see her life in action..live action.

Recently, as much as fabulous happenings have been all around me, I've also directly & indirectly learned of loss, heartache, struggle, issues in marriages of people dear to me, issues with children, new babies, settling in with a new family and what that brings on. Thinking and talking and pressures and stresses about my own family and when we'll start "trying", etc, etc. So much of what we do in our short lives is deal, cope, learn, grow. All important and necessary verbs. There are sometimes when we're dealing, or learning, or coping, or growing, that we are also made more aware. More aware of what is around us... what exists right now... in this moment. I know I've been on a 'experience the moment' kick, but it keeps rearing it's adorable little head, so I must keep writing.

Today I would like to recognize what happiness is....in the smallest most simplest form possible...for me....in this space...right now. Here goes...

Our new porch swing and the wonderful memories that will be made with our butts in those spots.


Fire engine red tulips popping up that didn't bloom last year, so we had no clue. Nice little surprise to enjoy for a few weeks.


Hilarious card from a 90 year old PA woman we've never met but who goes to church with my in-laws. Must have laughed for a day over this. So much for happy Easter to me! I'm just the competition....



Fresh cut grass....and fresh cut grass scented candles. Due in from an Amazon order in a few short days.


Spring-time steak dinners where for the first time EVER, the steak isn't over-cooked. Small miracle.




Bunny ears on babies who I adore with all cells in my bod.

A friend's most perfect, simple engagement, bringing butterflies to my belly like it was my own. No pic.

70% off lanterns to light up our porch-sitting Spring/Summer eves. Come on over!



Mini, antique bicycle necklace hidden in the bottom of my easter basket from the thoughtful man-candy in my life.



This list could go on and on and on, for all of us, just once we stop to smell the fire engine red tulips sprouting up amongst the coping, learning, changing, lives we lead.

Be happy.

-ERSM

P.S. I think this will be my final post (for now) about 'smelling the roses' k? :)

3 comments:

  1. SO true. All of it. I love seeing little bursts of happy. Maybe this should be a recurring blog? Like this is just the first installment of "Happiness is..."? It could be monthly or weekly (if you're really motivated) of little bursts of happy. I meant to keep up with that on my blog, but it's been a while. Thanks for the inspiration, as always. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great idea, Rach! I'll do it once a month :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it. Dying to know who got engaged?! And I, too, have an undying love for porch swings. Just the thought of them makes me smile :)

    ReplyDelete