Monday, January 10, 2011

Allspice, Chinchilly & Turtle Dove

Probably one of the best weekends of all time just happened, even with the ol' cleanse. It was the perfect combination of social, home, productivity, & relaxation. Let me break it down for you...

Friday -- Real crazy launch to the weekend at the Martin household! Jeremy finished painting his office a great yellowy-orange color Home Depot deems "Allspice", which looks FAB, I must say. Meanwhile, I lazily watched Easy A, and cracked up laughing the entire time. Really worth the purchase on OnDemand or Netflix. I recommend it to all. The parents are by far the funniest, quirkiest characters. And Emma Stone...can't get enough of her hilarity. Early to bed Friday because??? You guessed it...I was hungry. (I'm on Day 8 right now, btw, and am counting down the hours until I put this puppy to bed!)

Saturday -- Slept in. Ahhhh. Perfect start to what turned out to be a perfect day. Took our time getting up and getting moving. REALLY wanted a coffee. Resisted the urge. Instead made the weirdest meal to date -- 5-6 sauteed shitake mushrooms on one piece of sprouted bread. Barely got that down. Wouldn't have if it weren't for the 5 cups of water I chugged with it.

Soon it was time to get ready for the season's best xmas present!!! A spa day with Sara Russ followed by fancy din din with the mens. I bought J a new ensemble because he WAY outdid me this year. I secretly laid out his new digs, including boxers, socks, shirt and sweater, on the bed as we made our way out to the Red Door Spa, where Sara and I enjoyed facials, manicures with paraffin treatments & Chinchilly on the nails, and finally make-up refreshes by a make up artist who was clearly on a combination of pills. We were entertained at the least. Check out Chinchilly -- great winter color.


Off to the Russell casa where we got dressed up in our fancies, and I had my first taste of red wine during this detox -- clearly breaking rules but I had to! It was an xmas gift so it was only right... ;) And, man was that Pinot DE.LIC.OUS. Little party right there in my mouth... and then belly... and then brain. Needless to say it didn't take much to give me a buzz.

Off to dinner! We dined at B&O on N. Charles downtown. Absolutely delicious. Pot roast with cauliflower mashed potatoes and swiss chard with pancetta filled my mouth and nose and anything else I could shove it in (keep it clean, please). It overindulged and it was fantastic. We got three apps, entrees, bottle of wine, three desserts.

It just kept coming.

After we were more than sufficiently full, we headed to Ale Wife, another amazing bar/restaurant in that area, for one final drink before heading home. That scene ultimately consisted of the Russells showing us pics of their beauty, Charlie, and us oohing and aahing over her. Mr. Russ would tipsily say "I love her so much. I just love that little stinker so much. Can we go home now?", basically every 10 minutes. Mrs. Russ would say "Look at this. Look at this picture." as she showed us what the sitter sent to her phone.  "When we go home we'll play 'don't wake the baby' and peak in on her sleeping with her little tooshie up in the air, ok?" So, Charlie Marie, just so you know, even when Mommy and Daddy go out and have adult fun, all they really do is think/talk about your royal cuteness. :) We didn't care to stop them either.

Drinks down and off we went. Homeward. Sara and I declared that this was the best xmas gift and we should continue this tradition the first Saturday of every year. The guys laughed. Not sure what was so funny.

At home, Jeremy wanted to build a fire so we did. He also made a little bed for us in front of the hearth, which we fell asleep on until 4am when I woke up having absolutely no clue where I was. It was romantic and cozy.

Sunday was a productive day, filled with laundry, stocking up on the final cleanse ingredients, a trip to home depot (surprise, surprise) and the start of painting the basement (clearly we don't watch football). Turtle Dove, it's called. A nice light green to keep it bright down there.

Ended the weekend watching "Bob's Burgers", a new Sunday night cartoon on Fox before Family Guy. Hilarious. Check it out.

Hope everyone enjoyed their weekends! All for now.

Adios --

ERSM

2 comments:

  1. refreshing to see someone who admits they don't watch football; we should have hung out on sundays when i was at home because no one else would! SO tired of my sunday newsfeed being full of football posts. i mean, go ravens and all, but can i not have to hear about it? or only hear about it if they get to the super bowl?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't paint names just as important as the color?!!? I have sweet tea in the family room, olivewood in the living room, cafe latte in the bedroom, and sandy feet in the bathroom. Ben doesnt seem to share my enthusiam about the names but i insist on telling everyone :)

    ReplyDelete