Friday, January 7, 2011

And the beet goes on....

Having a great day. Day FIVE, BABY! Half way as of tonight.

Something that I've noticed being on this cleanse is how regular food tastes PHENOMENAL compared to some of the things I've been eating this week. For instance -- the grapefruit pieces I had yesterday morning were like little individual slices of heaven in my mouth. And Jeremy ate a PB&J the other night....now HOW many PB&Js have we all had in our lives. Hundreds, I'm sure. Nothing in the world would have tasted so good as if I had pile drived Jeremy for one bite of that sammie. Just regular, day to day items that we all have and even avoid sometimes, are abnormally flavorful on this meal plan. In fact, I keep thinking about what my first meal will be off the diet, and I honestly think it'll be a PB&J with black raspberry jam. Mmmmmmm, come to mama. 

Met my sister, her baby boy Luke, and my Mom for lunch today. Brought my Chickpea & Quinoa salad along with me like a good girl. Temptations aren't as intense or even appealing anymore. I'm perfectly satisfied with whatever my meal happens to be, even when I'm in the presence of At Water's market soup with roasted cauliflower and chorizo. Progress. 

Tonight is a BIG deal. An entire chicken breast. All for me. And 2 carrots with a cup...an ENTIRE cup...of PEAS. Ohhhhhh to eat some peas right now. I'd kill. Again, as I told you, this plan does a funny thing -- it turns PEAS into CANDY. Magic.

Short post today. Would like to head out of here early since it's Frideeee, hon! 

TGIF, my friends. Enjoy your weekends, and remember -- there is no time like the present, as this Natty Boh cap puzzle secretly proclaims! Sieze the m-f'in day!

-ERSM

No comments:

Post a Comment