Monday, January 3, 2011

Let the CLEANSE begin(s)!

Ok. So it's 2011.

Skipped my NYE/New Year's Day post. I blame it on marathon puzzles, fried oyster salad & Natty Boh(s), Hamilton Tavern wackiness, followed by Fulterton Pub insanity at it's purest, free 80's prom limo rides, & Outkast. Over-served ourselves, in general. GREAT times though, joined by even GREATER friends (team B shout-out!  Whaaaat!!!).

So here we are --- 1/3/ELEVEN if you can believe it. To launch what is sure to be an impecable year, I'm cleaning house. And by house I mean EMILY RAE STURTEVANT MARTIN. Major new years cleaning going on in my 'house' right now. For continued motivation, I'm going to share my cleansing experience (cleansperience?) with you all right here on this bloggy-blog.

Detox Preppings w/ the ol' husbot:
J and I headed to WholeFoods Market yesterday (only after we finally, fully recovered from too many funs on Friday night) to purchase all necessary foods. Leeks, fennel bulbs, mangos, chickpeas, quinoa, apples, pears, carrots galore, celery coming out of my ears, sprouted bread, fresh beats (mmm), basil, thyme, mint, etc. etc. etc. Quite the bill at the end to match the piles of produce & grains in my cart. All worth it though.

Went home after the market and prepped the following day's food just before I enjoyed my 'last supper'-- mac n cheese with hotdogs & baked beans. YUM. A Martin family classic. As I rinsed the herbs, & cleaned the carrots, celery and fruits, I stumbled upon a gem of a carrot. Check out this siamese guy I won! I have a thing with finding strange ass carrots lately. It's really starting to scare me. Here is the typing "pinky" carrot I found a few months back. He's British, right Jess?

Anyway, with a sink full of delicious fruits & veggies of the earth, I was set for this 10-day detoxification. The hardest part I'm guessing is making sure you're prepared each and every day so that you aren't stranded with only grilled cheese w/ bacon for lunch, as I often find myself. You have to prep the Quinoa the night before when you are supposed to have it for lunch the next day. Prep the carrot, beat, ginger juice the night before when it's on the next day's menu for the mid-afternoon snack. You have to cook the celery leek soup for the next day while you simultaneously eat your Immune Boosting Soup. It's quite the commitment.  Prep will take up the majority of my time for the next week and a half. It's a nice feeling though, being in complete control. Knowing that everything entering your bod is right on & serving a purpose. Me rikey.


Day 1 mango, banana, greek yogurt breakfast smoothie = prepped.
Day 1 quinoa, carrot & parsley cold lunch salad = prepped.

Can't wait to debut my new juicer at tonight's prep! See you then!!!

XOXO
-ERSM

No comments:

Post a Comment