Thursday, January 6, 2011

Carrots, Watercress, Shitakes, OH MY!

This whole thing is very unpredictable...the detox I mean. Like yesterday, you saw how elated I was. Then I drank my veggie juice & went home to make what was my FINAL soup until Saturday, and I hit a wall. A MAJOR wall of uncertainty and doubt pulling me toward the leftover Christmas cookies and grilled cheese makings (mmmmmm). Night time is definitely NOT the right time. It's the WORST time. Officially. I can handle any morning, any afternoon, any time I'm at work and busy, but the second I get home I fall apart like an overly exhausted 3 year old. I could definitely be equated to a 3 year old last night. Just ask Jerrrooomme (again, rolled tongue please).

Didn't cheat though. Ate my Immune Boosting Soup (Carrots, Green Onion, Ginger, Shitakes, Brown Rice), miserably, and then did 90 loads of laundry to keep myself focused, knowing those Cheetos and hershey kisses were in the next room.




The ups and downs are no fun. It's like, one minute here I am.








Then the next minute, HERE I am. Still smiling though, oddly. I think it's delirium.

I had a mini melt-down where Jeremy had to come peel me away from the land of veggies and help me to get a grip. I DID THIS TO ME. Again, 3 year old behavior at it's finest.

Jump to Day 4 --- I just had this spectacular plate of food for lunch. By far the best meal I've had thus far. Super easy, too. It's just 1 oz. watercress, 1 oz. alfalfa sprouts, and half an avocado (mmmmmm). Mix that together and drizzle this awesome, homemade, low-cal dressing (that I'll continue to make with any salad I eat)...it's 2 tbsp. 0% greek yogurt or bio yogurt, 1 tsp of mustard, 1 tbsp. EVOO, & juice of half a lemon. Put the salad mixture with dressing in a whole grain pita & savor. The result? For the first time in 4.5 days, I'm STUFFED and happy :) This really does teach you portion control, if nothing else.


I think this blog has a lot to do with me sticking to this insanity. Can't let myself down when I have a post to write! So, I thank you, Blog. Thanks a lot.

More later.

-ERSM

1 comment:

  1. Ugh, miserable! No wonder that fruit face is gouging its own eye out. How long does this crazy detox last?? And you gotta get the cheetos and kisses out of there before they drive you to insanity!

    ReplyDelete