Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Changes.

Lately, probably since the wedding, I've noticed what excites me in my daily life is very much changing. This I feel is totally normal, and VERY interesting to observe. For instance ---

I recently joined a book club. I find myself frequently cooking with our new crock pot that we got for the wedding (thanks, Whit!), which, by the way, I'm obsessed with. My weekends are filled with Bikram, gym, cleaning, laundry and low-key dinners with a few friends. I plan my weekly meals and even write them down on this awesome What to Eat pad I found at Anthro. Highly recommend it to all. I desperately look forward to my weekly trip to the Giant so that I can write in our meals on this organizational necessity.

I get super excited about mini brussel sprouts from the local market, (and don't get me started on the farmer's market in the summer time. Posts will prove my obsession! Brace yourselves...) Hanging wedding pictures in our bedroom. Discovering that garnishing white wine with frozen cranberries not only keeps it cold with out diluting but is also beautiful to look at.


I love cuddling with my cat & my grandmother's quilt on a week night with a hot cup of tea, just before bed (at 9:30p. Unless it's Monday (Bachelor) or Tuesday (Biggest Loser) then I'm up til a whopping 10PM!!!! Don't judge).


Puzzles can keep me occupied for a good week. Strawberry frosted donuts are a MAJOR treat, not to mention a throw-back to my very early childhood years....those were my FAVE and donut of choice when Mom would come home with breakfast in hand from her 7p-7a night shift at the hospital. 


Wine has become my beverage of choice...and not Franzia any longer. Even though I have some very fond memories of that chilled box o' wine, now I get the $9.99 bottle of cab-sav from the corner liquor store, and that does me good. Still definitely make my purchase based on the label. I'm not that knowledgable ;)

Last night I went to this posh, little wine bar, 13.5%, with a girl friend. We gossiped while sipping from our Spanish and Italian Flights, & nibbling on sheep's milk cheese from France, and aged cheddar from England. Those are some of my favorite times, these days. Indulgent, yet responsible. Seems to be the new theme of my married life, especially after reviewing the pictures I just uploaded to this post! Lets see....2 wine images... Donuts & other food....A menu....Yea.

To top it off, it's Wednesday and I'm planning out the meal we're going to create at the Russell's house on Friday after work. Low-key evening with dear friends, a healthy shrimp & quinoa dinner, some vino, and our god daughter? Yes, please.

Friday nights sure have changed....and I love it.

3 comments:

  1. Love it. And, very similar on my end; I just had a WHOLE post about slow cookers...mildly obsessed as well :)
    http://trekkingkate.blogspot.com/2011/01/slow-cooking-machine.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes and your post inspired me, my friend!!! Loving your blog, by the way. Nice work!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Check out http://crockpot365.blogspot.com. I love my crockpot too. I'm hosting our "gourmet club" this month and chose crockpot as the theme:)
    Melissa ( thecorkums.com)

    ReplyDelete