Friday, January 21, 2011

Someone's gotta bring home the turkey bacon!!!

Having a 'stay-at-home' husbot is an interesting existence for me. He wears PJs 90% of his life. While the rest of the world is up and humming, he sleeps until 9-9:30am each morning, after working until 1-2am each night. Definite night owl (hoot). He can be SUPER busy, working 17-hour days or it's just the opposite. He's slow as molasse, does all of the laundry & cleans the house by the time I'm sitting down for lunch at work.

Someone's gotta bring home the turkey bacon though!!! And that's yours truly. My steady income is a comfort to him I think. Yes, it's not as MUCH as he makes dollar-wise, but it's constant and predictable (I say that  now, watch I'll lose an account and POOF comfort goes out the window... currently knocking on wood. You should, too. Thanks.)

It's nice to have a domesticated partner, who not only can put up crown molding & lay dry wall, but can also clean the floor boards of cat fur & put my undies away properly, fresh out of the dryer.

Jeremy does a TON around the house, clearly. He loves to stay busy, even when actual work isn't thrown his way & business is slow. In his line of work, there are major ebbs and flows -- he's either slammed and stressed with 7 huge projects going on at once all with the same deadline, or he's got nothin' to do but take care of me, the house and the cats. Those are the times when the yard is raked or mowed, the garden is tended to, the garage is clean, the basement vacuumed, the cat boxes scooped, the cars washed, & miraculously...the dinner is even made (if you can believe that).

I think he has day-dreams of being a stay-at-home dad. Well I got news for him .... it ain't happenin'. If I'm going to bunk out those babies and we are even close to finically-able to have a parent at home & one income, it'll be THIS girl. Ideally, I'd work part time and Jeremy would continue to work for himself, allowing for a very flexible schedule. Then we wouldn't incur daycare costs, which are astronomical from what I hear. But, maybe he would need to take a full-time position at a firm again to support us. Who knows. It'll be interesting to see; that's for sure.

No babies in the very near future for us, though. These are all just future thoughts of what's to come eventually...a few years from now. Although, I do have some friends (aheeemmmm, Sarah B, Rachael and Jess B) who think conception is right around the corner for Jeremy and I! Nutso. Yes, we'd be thrilled and over-joyed, I'm sure, if I turned up pregs, but right now we are definitely sticking to our '2 year plan' as long as that continues to be what we both want.

Sometimes I do find myself saying "GIVE ME A BABYYYYYYY, DAMNIT!" Only after a few cab-savs, though. Followed by Jeremy looking at me like I'm nuts and running away screaming ;)

Gotta love banter & more importantly, gotta keep 'em on their toes!

Here's a foreshadowing for your viewing pleasure. How cute our baby will be! Hehe. For now, we'll just hold Little Luke and play with Miss Charlie, & get our fix elsewhere.

XOXO & TGIF, Y'all.
-ERSM

3 comments:

  1. Ok, first of all- would Sarah B and Jess B happen to be Sarah Bregel and Jess Blumberg???? If so, I need to get in the loop here! Also, Jeremy sounds like the best house-husband ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i thiiink your blog implies that sarah and i will have a baby very soon! haha. but what we really think is that emily will be preg any day now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK I revised so it doesn't seem that way!!! Oops. :)

    ReplyDelete