Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Days 2 & 3 - Cleanse Style

Hey ya'll. Skipped my blog on day 2. Had to. Day 2 SUCKED to say the very least. I had the dreaded lack-of-caffeine headache that I knew was lurking around some corner somewhere. I was starving most of the day and it's all I could think about. Basically, I was a detoxifying meanie. Just grumpy about my decision to take these 10 days on. I imagine real withdrawal is pretty damn miz.

Made carrot soup last night. I have never eaten so much soup or so many carrots in my life. Jeremy decided his form of carrots last night were Cheetos. He tortured me while he chomped their delicious salty cheesiness down, all the while rinsing with a nice Hibernator Ale. Jerk.

I calmed & filled my empty belly with a nice cup of tea and then resolved to put myself to bed for fear those Cheetos would taunt me into sprinting downstairs to the pantry & ruining all this great effort.

Sleep was good.

Day three....effing amazing. I feel like a million bucks! Woke up and didn't feel those hunger pangs I had the days before. I didn't make record time down to the kitchen for my first meal this morning, as I had previously. Nope. I didn't. I showered. Got ready for work. And casually made my way downstairs for a two-egg breakfast. MAJOR treat. I think I must have gotten over some sort of hunger-hump in my sleep, in order to continue this challenge. I imagine people that quit do so on the now infamous, day two.

I feel a sense of 'lightness' today, one that I've been craving through this very heavy holiday season. Does that mean I would be 100% confident if today happened to be March 3, 2011, and J & I were headed out to South Beach in my tini bikini (me in the bikini...not J. Although on South Beach anything goes....)? NOPE. Not there yet. But, this feeling is great and I hope I see some results by this time next week, and can then take these feelings with me into life beyond the cleanse & to South Beach in March.

Tonight I remake Day 1's dinner --- Immune Boosting Soup. It's the last bowl of soup I have to make/touch until Saturday. Thank you, Jesus. Jeremy will probably have Cheetos, FYI. I'm hoping tonight they don't affect me as much!

The beet, carrot, lemon, celery, tumeric, and EVOO juice that I've been making is quite interesting. Can't tell if I actually like it, or if I'm just forcing it down. It's not terrible...just interesting. It also dies my lips (and clothes) the color of the lipstick I wore on our wedding day. <3. Juicer clean up is a royal pain in the arse though. Especially when you're only making 1 serving worth. I hire my dishwasher "Jerome" (said with tongue roll), each night. ;) He gets paid in Cheetos & I might have a crush on him. Don't tell.

So here's to this great feeling keeping up and me sticking to this plan!!! Let me know if you're interested in seeing the menu...I'm happy to share it and this feeling :)

-ERSM (AKA "The Clean One.")

1 comment:

  1. I don't know how you can even type the word "cheetos" while on a cleanse, let alone be in the same room as them. Those things are tasty addictive, good work holding out!

    ReplyDelete